Vintage French Small Mahogany Marquetry Escritoire Bronze Ormolu Office Desk
Regular price £795.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £795 OR BEST OFFER FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Quality Small Vintage French Mahogany Marquetry Escritoire Bronze Ormolu Ladies Desk In The Louis XVI Style.
- Featuring a stunning bronze ormolu low gallery surround edged top.
- With 5 small deep drawers on the front.
- Having small bronze ormolu round drawer handles & fixtures.
- Museum quality with beautiful marquetry floral foliage inlaid in Mahogany, Kingwood & Olivewood veneers.
- Origin from Paris, France.
- Finely handmade in hardwood.
- Heavy quality just over 20kg approx weight.
- No makers label.
- Supported with ormolu decorated mounts & 4 shaped Louis XVI style cabriole legs.
- Finest quality craftsmanship.
- Perfect for a ladies boudoir, library,study or writing room.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- Having some noticeable veneer loss in places, various scuffs, scratches, stains, wear & some veneer lifting in places consummate with usage & age.
- Small dent to wood on 1 leg.
- 1 round drawer handle has been replaced with a newer handle.
- Small repair has been made to lower trim above kneehole area with a nail inserted securing it.
- Circa mid 20th century 1950's.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
32" High (81cm)
18.25" Wide (46cm)
28.5" Length (72cm)
23" Kneehole width (58cm)
21.75" Kneehole height (55cm)