Vintage Carved Plaster Casts Freize Sculptures Ancient Greek Civilization In the Manner of John Henning
1 VINTAGE ANCIENT GREEK CIVILIZATION RELIEF FRIEZE PLASTER SCULPTURES DISPLAY CASE PLAQUES
BUY NOW £595 FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- 1 Vintage Carved 8 Plaster Casts Freize Relief Sculptures In the Manner style of John Henning.
- Set in a display case, fine wall hanging plaques museum grade.
- Showing 8 Ancient Greek Pictorial scenes depicting civilization, soldiers, horses & chariots.
- The plaques have the Henning stamp 1810.
- John Henning (2 May 1771 – 8 April 1851) was a Scottish carpenter who turned to sculpturing, his masterpieces where the one twentieth scale models
- He created of the Parthenon & Bassae friezes, these took him 12 years to complete, he failed to get copyright on his work and others profited by copying his work.
- Set in a teak display cabinet with glass fronted.
- Offered in charming used condition.
- Please note this item is not brand new & it will have wear marks consummate with usage & age, also some repairs have been made to some of the plaster plaques. Some chips to the plaster casts and cracking in places.
- Circa late 20th century, 1970's.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in Inches & Centimetres Approx
15.25" High (39cm)
23" Wide (58cm)