Bronze Sculpture Style Stone Relief Bacchus God Wall Plaque
1 IN THE BRONZE SCULPTURE STYLE STONE RELIEF BACCHUS GOD OF GRAPE HARVEST & FERTILITY GARDEN WALL PLAQUE
Buy Now £250 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 In The Bronze Sculpture Style Stone Relief Bacchus God Of Grape Harvest & Fertility Garden Wall Plaque.
- Bacchus was the Roman god of agriculture & wine also fertility
- Having rather stunning relief detail of Bacchus with maidens,men & child also a peacock bird & a dog surrounded by grapes & vines.
- Shellfish ,cherub holding a harp & death in the background.
- Bacchus was the child of Jupiter whose Greek name is Zeus and Semele, a human whom Juno whose Greek name is Hera Tricked into asking to see Jupiter as he really was.
- Since she was a mortal, she was burned up by the sight of Jupiter in his divine form.
- So Jupiter sewed the infant Bacchus into his thigh, and gave birth to him nine months later. As a child, Bacchus was tutored by Silenus, who was a great lover of wine and often had to be carried on the back of a donkey.
- Before he took his place at Olympus, Bacchus wandered the world for many years going as far as India to teach people how to grow vines.
- Cast made from the finest composite stone.
- Circa 21st century.
- It has been beautifully hand painted by an artist to create a bronze verdigris colour style finish. Having been clear varnished making it waterproof & frostproof.
- With metal hanging bracket on the back ready to display indoors or outside.
- Offered in fine overall condition.
- Having minor imperfections with being cast made.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in Inches & Centimetres Approx
10.5" High (27cm
16" Width (41cm)