Antique Sterling Silver Repousse Match Box By William Comyns & Son London
1 ANTIQUE STERLING SILVER REPOUSSE MATCH BOX BY WILLIAM COMYNS & SON
Buy Now £395 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Antique Sterling Silver Repousse Match Box By William Comyns & Son Decorated by the world renowned famous William Comyns Relief Face and Birds Repousse decorations.
- Sterling Hallmarks on The Back With W.C Circa 1885.
- William Comyns were the best silversmith firm in London at that time.
- This prestigious firm of manufacturing silversmiths was originally established by William Comyns in circa 1859.
- When he purchased the business of Robert Tagg, an outworker of Rundell, Bridge & Co. William Comyns, silversmith. subsequently moved to 1 Percy Mews, Rathbone Place, then to 16 Silver Street, Golden Square, Soho, and to Beak Street, Regent Street.
- Additional premised were taken from circa 1903 at 54 Marshall Street, Soho.
- The firm became William Comyns & Son in circa 1885 when sons Charles and Richard were admitted to the partnership.
- William Comyns died in January 1916.
- It is now one of the few surviving manufacturing silversmiths in London, with premises at Tower Street, London.
- Beautifully handmade.
- Solid Silver encasing a cardboard matchbox inside that pushes out.
- Offered in fine old used condition.
- Having various dents,scratches on the back & various wear to the sides of the inner cardboard matchbox commensurate with usage & age.
- The front is in fine overall condition.
- We enclose a picture of a sterling hallmark chart proving the maker.
- International shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in Inches & Centimetres Approx
1" High (2.5cm)
2" Width (5cm)
3" Length (7.5cm)