1 Magnificent Large Roman Bust Mark Anthony Terracotta Sculpture Display Bust
Buy Now £499 Free UK Mainland Delivery
- 1 Magnificent Large Roman Bust Mark Anthony Terracotta Sculpture Display Bust.
- Highly detailed,vibrant & realistic.
- With hand painted bronze verdigris style colour finish on the breast plate.
- Made entirely from Terracotta.
- It is heavy fine item,suitable for either indoor or outdoor display.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Offered in rather fine used condition.
Having some wear,stain marks & 1 small chip on the back breast plate commensurate with usage & age.
- Marcus Antonius, who was a Roman politician and general.
- He was an important supporter and the loyal friend of Gaius Julius Caesar as a military commander and administrator After Caesar's assassination, Antony formed a political alliance with Octavian (Augustus)and Marcus Aemilius Lepidus.
- Which was known to historians today as the Second Triumvirate.
- The triumvirate broke up in 33 BC.
- Disagreement between Octavian and Antony erupted into civil war.
- The final war of the Roman republic, in 31 BC.
- Antony was defeated by Octavian at the naval Battle of Actium, also in a brief land battle at Alexandria.
- He and his lover Cleopatra committed suicide shortly thereafter.
- International shipping worldwide is available please ask for a quote thankyou.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send us a message.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in Inches & Centimetres Approx
24" High (61cm)
15.5" Width of base (39cm)
8" Length (20cm)